Wednesday, November 10, 2010

7 layer dip

An A+ graded dip needs no intro. Wish I had pic to show the layers of color that is everybody's favourite. Everybody who ate this absolutely loved it so much that I didn't have the heart to ask them to freeze for a minute so I could have a pic taken. I guess I just have to make one someday for the pic sake. I added a few extra things to spice it up! My additionis highlighted in red.

Ingredients:
1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (16 ounce) can re-fried beans
8 ounces sour cream
1 cup salsa
1 tomato, diced
1 avocado, diced
1 small head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions
In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and re-fried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large serving platter.
Layer in the order : sour cream , salsa,  avocado, tomato, lettuce ( finely chopped cilantro & jalapenos) , olives . Garnish  with Cheddar cheese.

No comments: