Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pann polo

I always loved this dosa and couldnt decide if it was the flavour or if it is the smell that comes to my memory first.
My Mauma was so good at this and I remember seeing her sprinkling the batter on the iron griddle instead of pouring it and wondered how she got it to exactly land every droplet in the griddle. When I followed her technique at first.......Oh boy............there was more cleanup than panpolo on my plate........lol.



cup white rice
2 tbsp coconut,
salt

Soak rice in enough water for 3-4 hrs . Wash and rinse rice, grind together with coconut and water to a very smooth paste. Add salt and water to make a thin batter.

Splash a serving spoon full of batter on a hot griddle. Cover and cook on one side till the top surface is cooked. You may leave it a minute or two so that edges get crispy.

Serve it with chutney.


My M I L makes godda soi with this and in my Mom's house the preffered side is Batate Song or alambe song .
My kid's love this as is. Well, as for me............I'm in my happy place just with the polo.

No comments: