Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ghosale ghire chutney


I always loved this chutney and never knew the main ingredient behind this delicious chutney. Cooking for myself  made me reliase how care-free my life was until a few years ago. I never appreciated the food readily made and  served on the table as much as I do now. To live a life of a child is a bliss (only to a grown up)!

Surprise ingredient,  ghosale scraps  tastes so yum? Who'd have come with such an lip smacking recipe? My favourite combination is this chutney with rice and dailithoy of course! Bhajo on the side would be heaven!

Unfortunately, right now, I dont have a pic of chutney...but will post one soon.

Ingredients:
 skin(the sharp edges) of 3 ridge gourd
1 cup coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3-5 green chilies
1/4 tsp tamarind paste
Ghee
Salt

Method:
Heat ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds. When they start popping, add green chilies and ridge gourd skin. Fry for about 7-8 min's till the color of the skin starts changing color. Keep it aside.
Add coconut to the same pan and on low heat roast it for about 5 Min's.
Grind all together with tamarind and salt.

No comments: