Monday, September 27, 2010

Dudholi

Among countless number of delicacies pigged out on, DUDHOLI & its taste still lingered. I found another dudholi fan (no bakras [scapegoats] in my home) and so, I got a push to make this( in my defense, I'm only making this to share). I am satisfied of the outcome, hope the other person will be too after tasting this. The verdict will follow in a couple days.
Ingredients:
1 cup Ragi
1 cup coconut
3/4 cup jaggery
cardamom powder
4 tbsp ghee

Grind ragi and coconut together and extract the milk and strain i n a fine sieve to remove the ragi skin & coconut residue( usually done 3 times at least)
Heat ghee in a thick bottom kadai, add jaggery heat till the jaggery melts.
Add 3 cups of water and ragi coconut milk mixture to the jaggery. Keep stirring the mixture on medium heat till it cooks, becomes thick and leaves the sides of the pan.When done, set aside.

Grease a rimmed plate with ghee, pour the hot mixture into the plate,smear it with the spatula and cool,chill in the refrigerator for a couple hours. Cut, serve chilled.

No comments: