Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tandoori chicken

Whenever I have my cousins visiting us over, tandoori is one of the chicken dish that is made for appetizer since my Bro-in-law's and hubby have an all nighter with Captain Morgan and Jack Daniel's.This has been a default chicken recipe whenever we have company over.


Since I was a fresher to meat cooking, I trust that the packaged spice mixes are best to go with as there are very few chances of messing up. I use Shaan masala to make the tandoori's since my hubby loves the way it turns out.

4 lbs of chicken (drumsticks,thighs and leg quarters)
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp red chilli powder
2 tbsp yogurt
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt , very little since the masala's already have some salt in it.
Shaan---tandoori masala (1/2 packet)
Shaan ---tikka masala (1/2 packet).
Mix all the above ingredients and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
Grill in a preheated oven @400F for 20 Min's. Broil on low for 5 Min's to get charred edges.
Serve it with onion slices and lemon wedges

No comments: